A Matter of Balance: Managing Concerns About Falls is an evidence based program set to begin on Thursday, September 12, 2019. The 8-week class, which is FREE and open to FPH residents and Lakeland community members, is designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase activity levels among older adults. It will be held on Thursday mornings from 9:30 am – 11:30 am at Florida Presbyterian Homes.
The program will benefit older adults who:
- Are concerned about falls.
- Have sustained falls in the past.
- Restrict activities because of concerns about falling.
- Are interested in information concerning fall prevention.
- Are interested in improving flexibility, balance and strength.
- Are age 60 or older.
Space is limited, so call the Wellness Department at 863-577-6022 to reserve a spot in this upcoming class. A lite snack and workbook are provided. Sign up today!